Day 1...

Day 1...

Monday, July 11, 2016

Mixture Set & Car runs OK now

I think the car still has some warm-up issues and some idle issues but for the most part, the fuel system seems relatively sorted now. It should be, after all I think I've replaced everything except the frequency valve. Here's a video of the mixture set. I had the main vacuum line plugged during this adjustment but have since confirmed I don't have any vacuum leaks.

In this video the car idles around the 800 RPM mark and seems happy. The car is fully warmed-up with the cooling fans running in the front. You can hear what sounds like a vacuum leak but is actually just the pulley on the AC compressor. It will need some attention at some point in the near future.

With the majority of the fuel system gremlins now hopefully behind me, I'm focusing on moving on to some of the other areas of the car. I'll likely be looking at the HVAC system as July in Texas equals the need for AC. Since I've had the car, the blower has never worked. I found some disconnected wires behind the console controls so I'll be looking there first.

I'm also going to be working on getting the passenger window motor operational (another item that has never worked since I've owned the car) along with some interior cosmetic jobs. In the meantime, here's some pictures from last weekend when I pulled the car out of the garage for the first time since September 2013.



I gave the car a bath for maybe the first time in my 4 yr ownership. It was a good day!