Day 1...

Day 1...

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Finishing the VOD

I ended up removing the Y-pipe and cleaning everything metal with brake cleaner. The top end of the block looked good and I noticed no cracks or leaks during my inspection.

I purchased and replaced the following while in here:
  • 6 intake o-ring seals
  • 2 Y-pipe o-ring seals
  • Heater pipe hose (silicon blue)
  • Water pump hose (silicon blue)
  • All applicable hose clamps (came with the hoses from PJ Grady)
  • Y-pipe bolts and washers (used anti-seize upon reinstall)
  • 5/32 vacuum lines between the WUR, Vacuum advance, and intake back to the Y-pipe thermal vacuum switch
  • 10mm silicon hose (red) between the right intake and the main vacuum from the booster line
I also purchased and will be installing a replacement throttle cable as mine is perished beyond repair and sticks sometimes (has since I've owned the car).

Finally, I purchased an otterstat ahead of my plans to replace my manual fan switch with a permanent replacement sometime this spring.

Once I get the intake re-installed, I'm going to work on the upper air mixture assembly and then eventually the fuel distributor. I've purchased a used replaced upper air mixture unit and plan to clean it up and try it first with my old fuel distributor.

Here are some before and after pics of my VOD job.