Day 1...

Day 1...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Background & History Part II

Upon reading the advertisement for the car in Arizona I immediately contacted the seller by phone. She informed me that there was another party interested in the car but would get back with me in a day or so if she hadn't heard anything from them. A couple of days passed and she called me back. She filled me in on the specifics of the car. We exchanged email addresses and I immediately started making a list of follow-up questions. After emailing back and forth for another couple of days, she informed me that the car was at her mechanic's shop in Phoenix. She gave me their contact info so I could discuss the car with them from a more technical perspective. In addition, she was able to take detailed photos of the frame and undercarriage while the car was at the shop on the lift.

With all the information in hand and a vehicle history report by VIN, it was time to try and put together a deal. Within another day or two we were able to come to terms. I had never purchased a car remotely unseen like this before. I was timid about it to say the least. We used a reputable online broker to handle the transaction. I had a transport company ship the car to me. The entire process took maybe a week, which I think worked out well. The actual transport time from Phoenix to Dallas was 3 1/2 days from pickup to delivery.