Day 1...

Day 1...

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Busy Weekend

Well I had a little time to work on the car this afternoon. With the help of my cousin-in-law Shaun, I removed the rear louvre from the car and we began the task of repairing the cracks and  breaks using new fiberglass material and resin after doing all the prep work.


We were able to prep and glass the underside once this afternoon. This week I'm going to cut, sand and apply another layer of glass before flipping the louvre over and doing the top side. The top side is going to take more work. It has a significant amount of sun damage. Once I get it prepped and glassed, I'll sand the whole thing down and use body filler where needed to smooth everything out. Then we'll prime it and paint it in hopes to get as close to an original look as possible. I'll post more info and pics this week as this part of the project progresses.

While waiting on the resin to cure, and with Shaun still helping me out, we found where the bad left radiator fan wire/connection existed. It was on a molex plug where the connection had actually burned.
This plug was up inside the housing for the windshield washer fluid reservoir. What I'll likely do is find a water-proof plug and rewire this one particular wire. Once I get that knocked out, I'll be on the home stretch of the radiator fan task.