Day 1...

Day 1...

Monday, August 20, 2012

Progress Report

The cooling fan circuit has been completed and works properly now using a rocker switch custom mounted to one of the blanks next to the window switches on the console. This pic was snapped before I ran the switch wires and the relay grounds.



The rear louvre now has 1 layer of filler+fiberglass on the top side. Apparently I didn't use enough hardner and it took 2 days to completely dry. This week I will sand it down and add another layer. Once this is completed it will be prep & paint time, possibly as early as this weekend or next week.



Shaun came over again yesterday and helped me tackle a bad crack in the underbody between the engine bay and the rear window on the driver side. Fortunately it wasn't cracked all the way around the pontoon. Someone before me had attempted to repair the crack and failed. When were prepping the area for new fiberglass it appeared to be JB Weld or similar. At any rate, Shaun did a fantastic job of building up several layers of glass and working it into the difficult contour areas. In the end with both sides reglassed the fix is now structurally sound and rigid. I still have some sanding and filler work before painting the exposed underbody area but I'm really happy with the near-finished product.

The first pic is a shot of the underside of the crack. I forgot to photograph the top (exposed) side prior to the repair. The second pic is a shot of the repaired top side.



Aside from the prep/filler/paint work aforementioned, this week I plan to make a list of electrical issues to start sorting through.