Day 1...

Day 1...

Friday, August 3, 2012

Engine Air Intake + Fanzilla Part I

Yesterday afternoon I received my replacement air filter, duct & o-ring for the air intake on the engine. I decided I would go ahead and knock this out last night, which I did. The new duct was a little stiff and difficult to get everything to fit together just right but after a few tries and some fiddling I was able to get it done. This should give the K-Jet much better air flow. The old duct was partially collapsed and the filter was pretty nasty.



Yea I know, forgot to hook up the PCV hose. I'll do that tonight.

I'm still working on the damn radiator fan circuit. I want to make sure I understand how the Fanzilla after-market assembly functions before I start probing around. I studied the original circuit yesterday in the shop manual, but this after-market piece throws a kink in things a bit. I plan on working on the entire system this weekend and hopefully determining a fix by Sunday. Stay tuned...