Day 1...

Day 1...

Friday, September 19, 2014

Cleaning the Fuel Tank and Components Part I

This is going to be a brief post followed by a more lengthy post in Part II. Hopefully there will be no Part III.

As of now, I have started my initial attempts to drain the tank. I couldn't get a good vacuum to pull the fuel out of the tank so today I ordered a siphon pump, a new 5 gallon gas can, and a box of rubber gloves. I'll pick up some acetone this weekend.

Once the old gas comes out I'll scrub the tank several times over and take a few pics along the way. My goal is to get some internal pics as well. The tank is synthetic so hopefully it will scrub up nicely without any surprises.

Here is a pic of the original pickup screen that sits in the bottom of the baffle at the bottom of the tank. Next to it is a new replacement part from DMCH. I think this speaks for itself.